FIRM EQUIPMENT CO., LTD.
TEL. 02-223-0201, 02-224-8879 FAX. 02-224-8880
LINE ID : firm169
- Materials: steel, cast iron, aluminium
- Shaft coupling for torque transmission and damping of torsional vibrations
- Axial plug-in - easy assembly - maintenance free
- Operative range from -50ºC to +120ºC, peak temperature up to +150ºC
- Compensation for axial, radial and angular shaft misalignments
- Large base programme from stock:
- finish bore acc. to ISO fit H7 and feather key groove acc.
to DIN 6885 sheet 1-JS9
- spline toothings acc. to DIN and SAE
- inch and taper bores
- Explosion protection rated and confirmed acc. to EG Directive 94/9/EG
Description of coupling
ROTEX® couplings are characterized by small dimensions, low weight and low mass moments of inertia yet transmit high torques. Running quality and service life of the coupling are improved by accurate all-over machining.
Their application is ideal for transmitting torque while damping torsional vibrations and absorbing shocks produced by the uneven operation of certain prime movers.
In contrast to other flexible couplings, the intermediate members of which are subject to bending stress and are therefore prone to earlier wear, the flexible teeth of ROTEX couplings are subject to pressure only. This gives the additional advantage of the individual teeth being able to accept considerably higher loads.The elastomer parts show deformation with load and excessive speeds. Sufficient space for expansion should be ensured (see drawing – deformation with load).
The maximum torsion angle with ROTEX couplings of any size amounts to 5°. They can be fitted both horizontally and vertically.